+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Alex

Thread: CSM - G-MAT v. taishan

CSM - G-MAT v. taishan

I really do not get this and need help - Taishan is over 20 plus VAT more and the only the only review states 'Good'?

Why would you pay 20 more for a roll of CSM when the spec states there is not much difference between the two (apart from cost)......

Well, there are moulders who prefer one brand over another, whether its mat, resin or gel even release agent. Although these 2 brands are very similar (I wouldn't care which one I was given) there are small differences in binder content, binder dissolve speed and even the way a mat rips and leaves a feather edge.

The price difference is because we import large quantites G-mat directly from the manufacturer, not because of any quality difference.
    Fibretechs likes this.

Cool, I thought is was missing something...as always explained in full - cheers on that point - HOWEVER - we would prefer to see a roll which is feather edged both sides - is there such a thing? If we're feather edged both sides it would leave less of a line detail on the roof....where two sheets overlap.

Yes, feathering is from the spray process used to make it. When the chopper gun stops at the end you get a reduced bit of fibre.
    I bet they could make it with 2 feathered edges but it would cost a lot more as production speed would be at least halved. You'll usually always see it with only one feather because, for economy, they make a much wider roll and chop it in half, or 3 and have a roll with 2 cut edges in the middle.

+ Reply to Thread